Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Terrific.

        Oddly enough, I was all prepared this evening to write yet another post about me not posting; a silly little tongue and cheek thing with a couple fun pages and some harsh words on the terrible play of the Mets during this pandemic-shortened season. But now tragedy has struck as one of the greats, THE great for the Mets, The Franchise has passed on.  I hope he is now at peace.  

RIP George Thomas Seaver 1944-2020

I am at a loss for words so I will let these 41 scans from my collection speak for me.  Look at the amazing stats, look at the perfect form and drive.  There was no one better. No one.
























































































































 

 

Just to make sure you are still with me here, this next scan features an autograph with an awesome story, it's one of my favorite things that I have ever written not just on this blog but ever.  Click here in case you've never read it, I recommend highly that you do.






















































Maybe someday I will revisit these cards under happier circumstances.

4 comments:

night owl said...

41 SCANS ... I misread this as 41 cards. Boy was I surprised!

I've been in mourning over Seaver since I first heard he was suffering from Alzheimer's. There was no one better at pitching when I was a kid. You can throw around names like Randy Johnson and Gooden and Maddux and none of them could touch the magnitude of his greatness the '70s. RIP.

Fuji said...

Sad day for baseball fans, but I'd like to believe he's in a better place. Rest in peace, Mr. Seaver.

P.S. Impressive collection of Seaver cards.

jacobmrley said...

This isn't even the whole collection, just a 41 scan salute to The Franchise.

Jafronius said...

RIP indeed. Sad day for all of baseball. Thanks for all those scans!