Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Are You Ready For Some, Well, You Know...

       Football!!!

       OK, I got that out of my system.  The answer is yes, I am more than ready for some.  The Mets season fell apart sometime around the all-star break, so it has been a long seven weeks or so.  Just as baseball opening day brings springtime and hope, the kickoff of football brings autumn and despair.  It is fall and everything is dying (to paraphrase a prophet).  Tonight specifically matches up the team of my childhood - the New York Giants - verses a team I might hate more than the Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys. 
Photobucket
One might wonder why I hate the Cowboys more than the Yankees...the short answer is the fans.  Now, if you are specifically from Dallas or even just from Texas, this does not apply to you.  But, and whoa is it a big but, lemme address this to all the other Cowboys fans, the bandwagon jumping, carpetbagging, intolerable jerk-offs who I wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were on fire: you are not special.  You are not "America's Team."  You are the most insufferable human beings who ever existed and that includes the Klan and the Nazis.  You deserve Tony Romo as a quarterback. You deserve Jerry Jones as an owner and god willing, he will live to the age of 100 and make Al Davis look like Wellington Mara and Art Rooney's love child in the meantime.
Photobucket
This is the only page of Cowboys I have in my binders and I am not even sure how this one got in.

Did I mention I am not fond of the Cowboys or their fans?  How did this happen?  Well, growing up in New Jersey in the early to mid 80's, you were surrounded by "Cowboys fans" - basically soulless, loser fans who jumped ship on the Giants or Jets because they sucked during the 70's and early 80's.  I find these kinds of "fans" to be just awful people.  It says a lot about someone when they do this.  Oh, and did I also mention there is a lot of overlap between these "Cowboys fans" and Yankees fans.  Yeah, despicable doesn't even begin to describe that phenomenon.
Photobucket
Those folks who jumped missed a hell of a ride in the late 80's and early 90's.  And when they were winning their Super Bowls in the mid 90's...dear lord...you would think they had been Cowboys fans their whole damn lives.  Ugh.  Just thinking about it makes me physically ill.  Let's see some more Giants cards to cleanse the palate. 
Photobucket
So what do I predict for tonight?  I hope the Giants defense terrorizes Tony Romo and maybe get a solid deja vu killer hit that breaks a bone or two and knocks him out of the game.
Photobucket
I hope the offense dominates the Cowboys piss-poor secondary and runs up the score. 
Photobucket
I hope the Giants unleash a new hero or two like they seem to do every year.
Photobucket
Ok, I admit, that page is a bit of a mess, but hey, my football pages are still in flux...
Photobucket
And finally, I hope Eli Manning delivers on the proverbial six touchdowns and that the Giants win this game something like 77-0 to set the standard for shutout domination. In the end, I hope the Giants dominate this division and make the playoffs, only to lose in the Superdome for the right to go to the Super Bowl, but that my friends is another post (come back Sunday...).

Wow, football kinda brings out the anger in my blogging, huh?

1 comment:

night owl said...

Wouldn't be football if it wasn't angry.

I used to work with the most normal Yankee-Cowboy fan I have ever seen. He didn't even like other Yankee and Cowboy fans and acknowledged that most of them were jerk-offs.

I almost got the feeling he was embarrassed and if he could go back into his childhood and change his decision to choose those teams, he would.

(P.S.: I used to really like the Cowboys back in the late '70s, but it's passed. As for the Giants, I have 2 words to say: Scott Norwood).