Saturday, November 30, 2013

Mail Call: Nerd!

       A wonderful package arrived recently and the nerd in me cannot be more excited about it for too many reasons.  One, it is a shiny non-sports insert set that is nine cards that makes up an entire picture on a page.  Two, it is from one of the late great sci-fi shows of all time, murdered before its time Firefly.
 photo l4_zpsf6434608.jpg

Alas, the scan does not do the shiny justice but I just love how this page looks. Firefly Forever indeed.

The backs give information on all the characters of the show.  If you have never seen it, there are 14 episodes so you can watching it in one day, basically.  I suggest finding the DVDs ASAP although Sci-Fi Channel has been known to show the whole thing in one marathon as well.
 photo l5_zpsdd57d378.jpg

I bought these on eBay from a seller in the UK.  I rarely do that as I do not trust European mail to get over here to the New World in one piece.  Luckily, fate was on my side and it did.  I also think this is the most immaculately put together package I have ever received from anywhere.  Look at it:
 photo l1_zps3b7879ab.jpg
The stamp, the folding, the fonts, the penmanship.  It looks like a movie prop or a clue from a computer game.  The mail nerd in me was looking at this thing for like 45 minutes to take in its beauty. This might be the dorkiest post I have ever done or may ever do, but hey, we are all nerds in our own way in this hobby, some of us just wallow in it more than others.

No comments: