Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Excuses Excuses.

       So my birthday turned from a 12-hour work day to a two day extravaganza of drinking and revelry.  Plus, the long post I have been working on has taken a little longer to compose than I anticipated.  So in the meantime, just to see who is still paying attention, let's play another round of everyone's favorite game:

Who wants it?

























This is a 1976 Topps Kurt Bevacqua 1975 Joe Garagiola/Bazooka Bubble Gum Blowing Champion card.  This is one of the all time great oddball cards ever included in a mainstream set.  Everyone loves this card - and these are just a few of the links.  Poor Kurt was in the majors for 15 years, and the only two things anyone will ever remember him for is Tommy Lasorda ranting like a jackass (totally totally NSFW) and this baseball card.  Come to think of it, that isn't a bad legacy at all.  Anyway, I was going through a random pile and I found this card.  I must have found it in a dime or quarter box and seriously, how could you turn down this card for a lousy 10¢ or 25¢?  Now, it is not gem mint 10; it is a little off center and the corners are dinged, but I already have one...and let's face it, awesome as it may be, I don't need two.  If you don't have one and would like it, just leave a comment and the first one who does will get it.  No muss, no fuss, no contest, no randomizer, no trivia question.  So, who wants it?

UPDATE: Setting some kind of land/speed record, Captain Canuck snagged this badboy in 12 minutes.

1 comment:

jacobmrley said...

Pretty quick, Captain. Email me your address and this little slice of cardy goodness is yours.