Friday, August 6, 2021

Do You Believe in Miracles?

 Kind of.

This package was waiting for me on my doorstep yesterday:

yes, that is a 1952 Topps #1 Andy Pafko along with 1989 LJN Baseball Talk. Fun Times!






















If you cannot read that tiny little print on the label, it came from the glorious Seattle suburb of Redmond WA from a company you might know, COMC.  Remember them?  Well, I requested this package in February and it was scheduled for a May delivery - I doubt you need a calendar to see what today is but I can assure you, it is not May.  I am not saying I completely gave up on ever seeing it but their pandemic combination of horrible customer service and empty promises made me wonder if 2022 was out of the question.  But it did arrive.  They have answered emails faster of late and it was very well packaged when I got it.  You can see a nice tease of the stuff that was on top and I am going to spend the weekend sorting and enjoying the 900+ cards that are inside.  I am not here to praise COMC or bury them right now since the world is still knee deep in madness but I will say to anyone reading this wondering if they will ever see their package: miracles do happen.

7 comments:

GTT said...

Good to hear you got your cards, even if they were really late. 900 cards should keep you occupied for a while. It seems like COMC is slowly getting their act together.

bbcardz said...

Congrats on finally getting your COMC order. Now you've got me having thoughts of requesting shipment of my COMC order (over 200 cards).

Nick said...

Think my COMC order is slated to ship out in October, and I'm sure it'll end up being way later than that. (I requested shipment in May.)

Jon said...

Happy Day! That Burger Chef box is really fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen one intact before.

night owl said...

I'm TOLD I'm getting some COMC cards next week!

jacobmrley said...

They have been faster in getting things shipped so if you have requested recently I trust it will be quicker than 6 months.

Specifically @NightOwl - I was told they were getting ready to ship on the 7/11 and they actually shipped on the 29th so you have a good sporting chance.

I was also told that large orders for a couple months (specifically Feb and March) got put into a very low priority queue which is why my order took so long. Taking them at their word means that they should be coming faster now. Theoretically that is.

Fuji said...

I paid the extra $10+ dollars for rushed delivery and they delivered by their promised date. It's a shame that your package was over two months late. Heard they were on a hiring spree. Hopefully that helps reduce everyone's wait time. Until things return to normal... I'm not even searching for new cards on their site.