Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolute.

       I am not a man who makes New Year's resolutions.  I am the type who is reflective and then active.  Those "resolutions" people throw around - lose 10 pounds, call their mother more, hike the Appalachian trail, etc. etc. - are just a set up for failure.  I say, if you look at your life and see some thing wrong, fix it; if you see something right, keep doing it.  It's not brain surgery.  I have been blogging now for 10 months and I like my blog.  I think I am doing it right and I hope you enjoy it.  I am resolute in this matter.

Oh, and because I should probably post something, here is a scan from the "unused file":





































This is a page of Starting Line Up cards featuring Kirby Puckett and Don Mattingly.  I have no idea where the little plastic statues are.  I have no idea why I scanned this page.  But dammit if it isn't pretty cool: two of the best hitters from the 80's on some righteously ugly cards.

Happy 2013 Everyone.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Agree 100% about 'New Years Resolutions', for precisely the reasons you mention. Self improvement isn't a bad thing at all. But the big pronouncements starting January 1st of every year has always seemed somewhat ridiculous to me.