Saturday, November 23, 2013

Trade with William of foul bunt.

       I present to you the smallest swap I have done in quite some time.  In fact, in terms of time from start to finish, this single card was very well earned.  A little background: I was clicking about the card-blogosphere a few months while ago during a bout of insomnia when I bumped into foul bunt.  Somehow this gem has been operating under my radar for some time now - I suggest it highly as it is well written and well organized.  After reading a bunch of posts, I noticed he had a trade bait tab so I clicked to peruse what he had to offer.  I saw he had a card from this year that I had wanted to add to my collection of Mets busts, a Chasing History Collin Cowgill autograph:
 photo foulbunt_zpsa248cad1.jpg
Collin Cowgill: Another Mets Spring Training superstar.  The only history he chased with the Mets was lowest BA.
So I emailed William and asked what he would want for it.  Turns out, he had just sent it off to COMC that week but he offered to call it back for me.  So not only is William a good writer, he is a good person too.  This gave me plenty time to put together some 2013 Topps Emerald parallels and some other Orioles goodies for him from his wantlists.  Last week, I got the email from him that the card had returned and three days later - bam! - the thing arrives with a nice little note and his very handsome business card.  I haven't just traded for a single card in quite some time as I usually like to pile on and make the most of things.  But the fact that most of my O's oddballs get sent off to Kevin means that for now this minor trade will have to do.  Because of William's politeness and willingness to go out of his way for me, though, I am quite certain this will not be our last. 

No comments: