Monday, April 16, 2012

Quick Postgame.

Here was my pregame view from the upper deck of Citizens Bank Park.
Photobucket
The game was a slog of Big Pelf putting guys on and getting out of it - at one point the Phillies had 12 hits and 6 walks and only three runs  - and the Mets not being able to hit Cole Hamels after putting up two quick runs.  It looked like those two runs might hold up, but then human gas can Manny Acosta decided throwing strikes was optional and walked in a bunch of runs.  The Mets eventually bowed meekly 8-2.  At least the post-game meal of Pat's Cheesesteaks was good...and by good I mean life-alteringly delicious.

As one other quick aside, I have an issue with the march of time and technology.  For years and years, my ticket stubs have mostly looked like this:
Photobucket
...and yes, I am the kind of nerd who saves all his ticket stubs...
Photobucket 
If I wanted to dig into a deeper, more hidden box, I could find ticket stubs going all the way back to 1985, my first major league game - which was actually games, because it was a doubleheader (imagine that).  Now, I am not even going to lament the passing of the scheduled twin bill, I am going to lament that unless I buy tickets at the box office or from a season ticket holder, my ticket stub looks like this:
Photobucket
Or, if you have a color printer and the willingness to waste all that color ink (like my brother does), like this:
Photobucket
A folded up 8x11 piece of paper is not a ticket stub.  It ruins the whole tactile joy I get when I periodically find my pile of ticket stubs and go through them.  I wonder if Stub Hub would consider allowing you to print your online tickets like a ticket rather than an office memo?

No comments: