Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Johan-niversary.

     While I have not been posting like I had hoped and promised, I would be remiss if I did not mention the one-year anniversary of one of my favorite memories as a Mets fan:





































Yeah, sure, Beltran's hit down the line kicked up chalk and the ump missed it, and yeah, sure, the game may or may not have contributed to Johan needed a second surgery on his shoulder, but the excitement and overwhelming joy of the first Met no-hitter ever: Totally Worth It!!!!

Above you see the first of two cards I have bought this year (so far) that commemorate this glorious event.  The other is this one, sadly still sitting in my COMC waiting to be sent queue but I will post it when I break down and spring the pile from Seattle.  I will keep a look out for others and if you come across one, please let me know.  I already bought this gem last year and I never get tired of smiling every time I see it when I go through my Mets box. Considering I think I already saw the highlight of the 2013 Mets season this week with the sweep of the Yankees, it looks like it's gonna be a long summer.

No comments: