Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stickers.

       I am a sucker for impulse buys.  The little pile of crap near the checkout counter was made just for me.  I own more shiny packs of gum, keychains, nicknacks, and bad magazines because of this retail tactic than you could possibly imagine.  I am not sure if this is a chicken/egg situation with my love of baseball cards as I often will scan the counter looking for packs...or perhaps I came to love cards so much because they are a prime choice for the front of the shop.  Anyway, this was true when I was seven and it is true now at the tender age of 37.  I was on a recent road trip and at a 7-11 getting car snacks and a soda when I saw they had these three packs of 2012 Topps Stickers.  Now, I haven't bought a pack of stickers in about 24 years (1988 Panini forever!) but for whatever reason, I just couldn't help myself.  I don't even know what they cost and now I am stuck with them - pun intended.













Oh, but am I?  I plucked out the Mets (all two of them) plus one other and now there is a neat pile of 21 cute little stickers cluttering up my computer area.  They are adorable and look great, but in the end, I don't want them.  So I ask my favorite question: Who wants it?  I will even list them in case someone is collecting the album: (11, 22, 23, 28, 29, 49, 68, 103, 105, 112, 121, 129, 135, 138/145, 202, 205, 209, 223, 231, 248, 291).  First one who comments they want them, gets them.  No muss, no fuss.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I'll claim the stickers...free is good!