Thursday, July 26, 2012

Debut.

       Tonight the crown jewel of the Mets farm system will debut: Matt Harvey.  Sadly, this call up is about 3 weeks too late to help a team that has now lost 12 out of its last 13 games since the All Star break.  Regardless, I am still very excited for this event and to mark the occasion, I would love to show you the cornerstone of my Matt Harvey collection:
2011 Bowman Platinum Matt Harvey Refractor Auto




















No, there is nothing wrong with your browser.  Like I said, I would love to show you the card, but I cannot.  Why?  Why do you think...













That's a little small to see what I am talking about.  Enhance!!!



I got an email back in June telling me that my beautiful shiny Bowman Platinum Matt Harvey refractor autograph was going to be mailed to me.  That was nearly two months ago and yet the status of the shipping has remained "Pending" ever since.  Now, I have patiently waited for this card for a while anyway, so why did they tell me it was on the way and then not send it!?!?!?  Is Topps purposely fucking with me?  If they don't have the card yet, why tell me it's coming?  If they have the card, why haven't they sent it?  All the damn redemptions was one of the reasons why I stopped buying new product (you will see a three year lag in redemptions above).  This card was an exception I made; I bought it very early knowing the card would only go up in price as speculation abounded as his debut got closer and closer.  And the thing is, I don't want to even sell the thing, I just wanted to look at it and show it off on my blog...OK, and maybe snuggle with it a little while I watched the game tonight.  But all these things are not to be.  The more I think about it, the answer is yes, Topps is fucking with me.

No comments: